Founded in 1884, Datil was named for yucca seed pods that resemble dates. The Datil Well Campgrounds were a watering site on the historic cattle drive from southern Arizona to the railhead east of Datil in Magdalena.
- Bull Run Ranch: eggs, beef & pork for sale. 575/772-5171
- Datil Baptist Church. 575/772-5577
- Datil Eagle Guest Ranch: groceries,beer, fuel, motel, restuarant.
- Datil Well campground (BLM)
- Meat processing & shipping: 575/772-5526 or 838-7277 cell
- Nativity of The Virgin Mary Catholic Church
- Piñon Pines hunting & recreational cabins. (4 mi. southwest of Datil on NM 12.): 575/772-5214, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Promised Mountain Taxidermy (southwest of Datil on NM 12): 575/772-5526
- U.S. Post Office 575/772-5551
In the Crosby Mountains, west of Datil
More photos of Datil